By Jim Bourdon – After two weeks of rainouts, the karts were back in action on a brand new surface and there was lots of exciting racing.

The Box Stock division would start off with three-wide racing on the opening lap for the number one spot. It would result in a caution resetting the field. When racing resumed, it was Brock Beatie assuming the lead and holding off some hard chargers behind him. By the time the checkers flew, it would be Beattie coming home first ahead of Colby Crawford and Melcolm Banks.

Up next was the Rookie 1 feature. With side by side action for the lead heading into turn one, the caution would fly setting up a complete restart. Problems for Owen Payne would not allow him to restart and his night would end prematurely. From there, Elliot Stacey, would go on to lead unopposed, taking the win ahead of Callie Neddow-Lutz.

In Rookie 2 action, Brody Johnson would move from his number three starting position to grab the top spot by the end of lap one. Savannah Parks would have issues off turn two bringing out the caution on lap six. Parks was unable to continue, When the green flew again, it was Johnson showing, he had a great handle on the new surface, as he would go on to take the checkers ahead of Burke Davis and Adam Kouk.

Blake Smith would take the early lead in Junior Clones, but contact with Daniel Skidders-Francis would send both drivers to the back on the restart, and handing the lead over to Brandon Lazore. Lazore would lead until lap 12, when Aiden Larock would work into the top spot, taking advantage of lapped traffic. Larock would go on to the win ahead of Lazore and Skidders-Francis.

In Junior Restricted, Carson Jakielaszek would lead flag to flag taking the top spot ahead of Max Petro.

Senior Clones would see Grayson Reddick lead the first two laps, before surrendering the lead to Ayden Vandelight. From there, the battle was on for second – and what a battle! Blayden Arquette and Reddick would race hard, swapping the number two spot for half the race. Eventually, Arquette would take the runner up spot, as Vendelight would win, with Reddick coming home third.

Jeff Cledgette would lead the Stock Heavy field for the first lap before Brad Gipson would take over the lead. A caution on lap six would tighten up and already heated battle at the front of the field. When the green came back out the Gipson would lead, facing lots of pressure before surrendering the lead to Tim Bailey at the halfway point. A caution at lap 12 would slow the pace and bunch the field up once more. On the restart Tim Bailey would lead but the battle for third would see Raymond David and Mark Bailey make contact, sending Bailey spinning and both drivers would would have to restart from the back. The race would see one more caution, but Bailey was able to hold off late race charges form Gipson to take the win. Eric Dinelle would cross the line third

Box Stock

Brock Beattie
Colby Crawford
Melcolm Banks
Rhylan Poole
Carter Bingley
Colbe Flaro (DNS)

Rookie 1

Elliot Stacey
Callie Neddow-Lutz
Owen Payne

Rookie 2

Brody Johnson
Burke Davis
Adam Kouk
Savannah Parks

Jr Clones

Aidan Larock
Brandon Lazore
Daniel Skidders-Francis
Blake Smith
Caleb Flaro

Sr Clones

Ayden Vandelight
Blayden Arquette
Grayson Reddick
Cameron Malloy

Jr Restricted

Carson Jakielaszek
Max Petro

Stock Heavy
Tim Bailey
Brad Gipson
Eric Dinelle
Randy Revelle
Mason Barkley
Adam Bailey
Shawn Bolton
Jeff Cledgette
Mark Bailey
Matt Bond
Raymond David
Allan Berry